True health is more than freedom from symptoms. Ayurveda has as its goals improving your quality of life while increasing your longevity. As an active tradition reaching back over 5,000 years, Ayurvedic therapies are deeply in tune with the way energies flow, grow, and heal. Its healing power reaches in to find the order in the disorder and restore your access to the bliss for which you were born.
Diet, habits, lifestyle, seasonal changes, emotions and stress can change the balance and efficacy of the energies of Vata, Pitta and Kapha in your body and mind. This inevitably deranges the digestive fire and ultimately results in improperly digested debris called ama. Accumulated ama will enter the bloodstream through the colon and travel throughout, collecting at the joints, clogging channels and settling in the weaker spots of your body. Emotions, information and experiences that are not well-digested by the mind also create ama that lodges in your subconscious and your tissues. Slowly your life force, immunity and cellular integrity are negatively affected. From this degeneration and disease arise as a crisis of toxicity.
ELIMINATE THE CAUSES
Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s tool to reverse the disease mechanisms and root out the causes of imbalance. Its process draws the ama out of your tissues and returns it to the digestive track to be eliminated. Pancha karma elegantly uses the specific qualities of your physiological make up, treating and managing the biological forces that carry ama to produce a gentle and complete purification.
The process nurtures the body and consciousness to feel safe and calm enough to let go of the toxins that are being held. Pancha karma encourages release through a mild mono-diet of warm, tasty ‘kichari’, yoga practice, ingesting oils to lubricate the body internally, and a daily relaxing traditional massage called abhyanga. Abhyanga soothes the body with expert application of warm, herbalized oils. It is followed by full-body steam therapy to open channels and circulate the ama-dissolving oils. The body is then refreshed by rubbing specific powdered herbs into the skin which is known as urdvartana.
Mental toxins are cleared from the mind with meditation, yogic breathing, affirmation and shirodhara. Shirodhara is an ancient technique of pouring a gentle stream of warm oil onto the third-eye and over the scalp. As one lays in warm tranquility the negative tracks of the mind are washed clean, allowing the heart to open.
Pancha karma then moves to eliminate the ama from the body with procedures specific to your doshic excess. Each person’s unique situation is met with an individualized program of herbs, foods, advice and understanding. The educated support you receive during the process takes the tension out of the experience to deepen your level of relaxation. One often emerges with a renewed outlook on daily habits and a vibrant feeling of peace that arises when the body, mind and consciousness are working in harmony.
At the Ayurvedic Health Center we try to reach everyone by providing several levels of support. You can choose what works for you and feel good about investing in maintaining or regaining your health and well-being. We offer three panchakarma options to make healing accessible to everyone. Only the highest quality organic products are used at our center. We use organic herbalized organic oils for our wellness treatments, organic foods for our client’s nutrition and organic skin care products. We promote and support your individual journey to blissful health. Please contact us to discover which cleanse is appropriate for you and to learn more.
Classic Panchakarma is for those who would like to experience the healing power of traditional panchakarma. Since this option is fully supported and comprehensive, it allows for relaxation at a profound level resulting in a deep release, promoting profound healing, and is followed by rejuvenation therapy.
- Panchakarma Wellness Consultation
- Individualized Treatment Plan
- Dinacharya (Daily Routine) Recommendations
- Daily Meetings (time to address questions and offer support during cleansing process)
- Daily ingredients for 5 days (Special Ayurvedic Food, including Kitchari & Teas, Medicated Ghee & Herbs)
- Abhyanga-daily treatment for 5 days (two therapists using traditional synchronized massage routine)
- Swedana-daily treatment for 5 days (fomentation – detoxification through steam therapy)
- Urdvartana- daily treatments for 5 days (fine, powdered herbs which are rubbed into the skin to invigorate, exfoliate and transport the healing herbs into the blood stream)
- Shirodhara – daily treatments for 5 days (warm oil streamed onto 3rd eye area to balance hormones and soothe the mind)
- One treatment of Netra Basti (eye therapy) or Kati Basti (lower back therapy)
- One treatment of Chakra Balancing or Hypnotherapy
- Post Panchakarma Rejuvenation Plan, including Diet Recommendations & Recipes
- Rejuvenative Herbs, Ghee or Jam
- Customized Ayurvedic Yoga Class
We also offer customized cleansing options for those who would like to do a shorter cleanse. Please contact us to discuss the various options.